Join our team!
Customer Service Representative
Locally owned and operated OP Media/ Outdoor Group Media is an established publishing and media company of four iconic brands that include niche magazines, websites and specialty channels.
We have a loyal subscription base—some have been reading our magazines for decades. Many of our demographic prefer ordering by phone so we are looking for an outgoing, patient and professional customer representative to promptly take care of their needs!
The primary focus of this role is to provide exceptional customer service. During peak seasons, the phones, emails and mail orders get very busy and must be processed in a timely manner. As well, certain issues require extra attention, so we’re looking for a troubleshooter who can turn a negative phone call around and ensure the customer leaves happy!
Answering phones is the main priority, however there will also be administrative work to manage on a daily basis. Your role includes but is not limited to:
- Answering inbound calls that include: purchase orders, inquiries, concerns, subscription renewals etc.
- Returning messages left on voice mail, email etc.
- Data entry of subscription orders
- Outbound mail: packaging and sending store orders, letter mail, invoices, promotional goods etc.
- Inbound mail: picking up mail, opening and organizing mail
- Shipping and receiving courier packages when needed
- Email correspondence with customers
- Basic invoicing for special orders
- Ordering office supplies
- Upselling subscriptions and promotional items
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Positive and upbeat phone manner
- The ability to turn a complaint into an opportunity
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Customer service focus with a “can do” attitude
- Comfortable upselling on the phone
- Open to learn and takes direction well
- Thinks fast, and works independently
- Proficient in MS Office (especially Excel)
- Familiar with basic data entry software
- Basic computer knowledge
Is it the right position for you?
We are a small office and everyone wears multiple hats to get the job done well. It’s an exciting and unique industry to be a part of! Never a dull moment, there are multiple projects and opportunities that keep the vision fresh and interesting. We value this work environment so much that our employees have worked here for many years and we’d like to find the right person to join our team.
Please send (email@example.com) resume as well as an email/note outlining what interests you about this role.